Thursday, December 29, 2005

Resolution Slash S

First and last: focus.

It seems to be in my genes. I am genetically incapable of concentrating. I may have ADHD, who knows, but I live a sedentary, non- attention getting lifestyle, so maybe you can put THAT one out of the probable reasons.
I feel like I’m just skating through the whole academics- thing. There’s homework, I do it, there’s an exam, I study for it. The whole time I feel detached from whatever activity I am engaging in. It’s like a pseudo- Lizette is the one doing all those stuff and the actual Lizette is somewhere else binge- eating or clothes- hoarding.
May be.
***

It’s nearing New Year again. Am I where I want to be?
I remember telling myself that the best profession I can think of is law, so that’s the one I’m taking. I’m not even half there, yet, but everyday in BS Political Science is taking me nearer.
Am I where I want to be?
I spent the last two years of high school wishing I wasn’t there. I was sick of the whole routine I’ve been going through for the last eleven years, and the only thing I wanted was to be in college and live.
But that doesn’t answer my question.
Am I where I want to be?

Yeah. I guess.

I wanted to study in the best university in the Philippines. I wanted to find love. I wanted to have great friends who would understand me and be there for me regardless.
I am studying in UP.
I found Cc.
I have Cc, Betch, Manoy, Paul, the whole Obzite.

So remove the ‘I guess’. I AM where I want to be.
I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home