Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Word 'Inevitable' Sounds So Hopeless

"...when both partners in a relationship are overly demanding, when each expects the other to live in his or her world, to always be there to join in his or her chosen activities, an ego battle inevitably develops."

-The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

Oh my fucking underpants. This passage sounds like it came off a pathetic self-help book written by a bored American housewife. Anyone can think this up, even with half a working brain.

So why didn't I?
---

I think I've been using the word 'pathetic' too often lately here. The impact has long worn out, but I can't think of a better substitute at the mo'.
---

I'm not one of those born with the gift of patience. I find that as I get more commited to a person (not only romantically), my patience invariably decreases. But if the wait is worth it, that is, if i can be reasonably sure that it is in fact worth it, then I don't mind so much. I'm the practical one here, and as someone so bluntly put it (I had a Vague Feeling that whispered I should take offense, but I am a little deaf now), I am always after that which is most convenient. So blunt, that statement. Still it did not draw blood.
---

Expecting is a bad habit. As the cliche goes though, old habits die hard. But can they fade away? Maybe they fade away. Well I want them to.
---

One thing you must know about me: I am detached. I deal with problems by detachment. I've been doing it all my life, it works as well as (takes a deep breath) Clean and Clear Pimple Clearing Speed Gel, I have no consumer complaints. Sweet. So while I am saying all these seemingly emotionally charged things, and while you are imagining a dumb girl with tears verging on the corners of her kholed eyes, I sit, type and listen amusingly to Bakekang. That show is so funny for its own good, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home