Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ms. Sleepyhead

As mentioned in my last post, I sleep anywhere now. Before I know it, my head is lolling off to one side even if I'm listening to highly energetic music, say, of Scary Kids Scaring Kids. This usually happens when I'm commuting. I do it in classes too, and benches, and floors. When I wake up, a general feeling of heaviness ensues---like indeterminate echoes along the halls by unknown ghosts. Yeah, humor me.

I did not use to be sleepy. In highschool and early in college, I slept early and woke early, no fuss, and I didn't need music to keep me up. Coffee was also an almost unknown concept then. And now? I'm not used to being tired, dreary, and plastered. But it seems as if I have to evolve faster recently, or I'll just fall off my feet one of these days and get run over by a goddamn speeding bicycle.

I would just love to do something about this little problem; however, I am too tired to go about it. Heck, I don't even have the energy to read Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams, the last book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series! Gods! It's Douglas Adams! What is wrong with me? Something horrible, to my mind.

I'm sure I'll get out of this rut in a while. Sleeping early, however, is not working as of the moment. Gahd.


PS---I am newly in love. Jomar, please give me your guitar? I cannot bear to be away from it else my poor heart shall break into tiny little morbid gory pieces.

7 Comments:

Blogger Euri said...

OMG! That's scary. A disturbance in your biological clock is hard. It's harder to get yourself back to your regular sleeping time after you're used to not getting enough.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ferretti shoes said...

ah hell. hey euri. i see you have found your way to my cryptic lair. i just want a fucking vacation. no, it doesnt mean whatever it sounds to mean. ayt?

har.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boredom leads to drowsiness, doesn't it?

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ferretti shoes said...

absolutely not. as euri pointed out, this problem is just a bad case of biological clock mess-up. or it's just the exhaustion. but not boredom.

funk have i said that i hate word verification? ESPECIALLY blogger's. it's so farking hard to understand! i told you i was disabled.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face it, Liz. You're getting old. *runs away*

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. My grandpa used to fall asleep while watching TV. At 5 in the afternoon!

*Runs after baddie*

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ferretti shoes said...

you evil evil boys!

harumpf, please note that if I am old, both of you are older. boohoo.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home