Sunday, August 20, 2006

A More Frustrating Economic Crisis

I feel horribly unhappy. I just got my first ever salary. It’s not a lot, but it’s enough to buy me stuff that will make me happy for the next week or so. But. I am horribly unhappy.

As I roamed the mall, I went to my usual haunts: Booksale, the shoe place and the clothes place. I stared at the titles for ten minutes and suddenly remembered that I bought four novels last Friday. I bought a pair of shoes, but they only cost a hundred, and one pair of something that cost me a hundred does not satisfy me. Screw marginal utility. I looked at all the shoe places and found out that there is not one single pair that I even a bit like. I went to the clothes place and rummaged and rummaged. To my dismay, I found out that I already have every piece of clothing that I need and do not all want. I remembered that I splurged in Divisoria only a week ago.

This is the stuff of nightmares. Have you noticed already? I CAN”T SPEND MY MONEY!

I considered buying this really large can of Picnic (ketchup) to go with the novels, but then there are certain weight considerations. I considered sushi, but I can only get some from Tokyo Tokyo and the place I’m not really in love with. I wanted to buy some fruit shake, but I don’t want to ruin my pretty five hundred peso bills. So there.

I can’t spend my money. I am mired in economic crisis; I am incapable of maximizing my resources and thus am guilty of not living up to my Production Possibilities Frontier and my charts of Supply and Demand. I am really frustrated. I never thought I’d live the day when I don’t know what to do with my bedamned money.

Oh, I hate irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home