Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In The Mean of Time

I’m waiting for inspiration to clobber me so I could write something on this page. In the meantime, I am prowling the house, making trips between the terrace where I start talking gobbledygook to my dogs and the fridge where I am slowly inebriating myself with Kool-Aid. In the meantime, I’m turning up the volume to K’s Choice. I miss these guys, they don’t just rock, they jazz, they do a Steve Lynch, and they play saccharine acoustics.

In the meantime, I look at the clothes I just got from Divisoria yesterday and wonder if making a blog dedicated to fashion tips and suggestions would be worth my while. What do you think? I have a Vox now, but I don’t want it to be like my Blogger. I’m thinking of a plausible theme.

touch the fingers of my hand
and I wonder if it’s me
holding on and on to love what else is real
a religion that appeals to me oh
I believe in me

I just love that song, “Believe” by K’s Choice. It’s the ultimate solipsist’s song! Robert Heinlein said that solipsism and pantheism can solve the questions of the universe. Solipsism asserting that I am the only real thing in the universe, and so everything else is just my imagination and pantheism (oh wait let me just get this massive dictionary) aha, and pantheism asserting that God and the universe are identical. This statement of his is from his 1963 book, “Strangers in a Strange Land”.

As I reached for the massive Webster’s Encyclopedic Dictionary, musty rose petals fell out from in between the pages. Aw. Cc’s roses. He doesn’t give me flowers anymore, which is a grievance, but that’s okay. I have some here already, preferably forever. I wish he’d just make everything formal NOW. We’ve been together for more than a year, and no titles while at it. Come to think of it, who needs titles? This is more or less it, if you know what I mean.

In the meantime, the clouds are gathering ominously. It will rain in a while. I like and dislike being alone in the house while its raining. I like it because I can appreciate the beauty of a million needles; I dislike it because it makes me want to drink something hot and have a long philosophical conversation with whoever is up to it. Like now. I’d just have to settle with K’s Choice (bravely I look further than I see, knowing things I know I cannot be—not now) blaring on the speakers.

In the meantime, I’m waiting for inspiration to clobber me so I could write something on this page—

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home