Sunday, November 26, 2006

Diarya

'Happy people don't keep diaries. They're much too busy living', Robert Heinlein says in his book Friday. This tells us about what he thinks of happy people. First, that happy people are of necessity busy and second, that they don't keep diaries.

Sounds redundant, but I'm doing it for emphasis. Why? Because I think he's wrong. Happy people are not always busy people. I am happy, but I'm not busy. That's why this blog gets updated so often; I have a lot of time to waste on non-existent readers.

But things are different, now. Surprisingly, I have a lot of stuff to bother about lately. Or maybe, there's just me wanting to bother about a lot of stuff lately. There's a fundamental difference. I've always thought that feeling busy and actually being busy are two different concepts. The latter complements your social life, the former says you're pathetic.

But yes, I do feel tired more often, if tiredness is any measure of busyness. Maybe I'm going through a paradigm shift. My relaxed, laid-back philosophy is slowly evaporating. Well. It may be inevitable. I don't feel any sorrow, though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got one reader here :)

anyway check out my new article "agnostics vs atheists" :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Ferretti shoes said...

thanks for being my, uh, one reader.

i've read the article. it's fair enough. 'god is in the mind'.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Im busy, and I keep an online diary. And I read others'. Does that make me gay?

No wait. I guess that makes me nonexistent; because I'm here, commenting at your blog!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Ferretti shoes said...

no comment on your sexual orientation. ^_^

as for you not existing, well, too bad. thanks for tra-la-la-ing by here, though.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home